Monday, October 31, 2011

Online Presence

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danschawbel/2011/02/21/5-reasons-why-your-online-presence-will-replace-your-resume-in-10-years/2/

This article summarizes the reasons that your resume will be replaced by what employers can find out about you online.

I don't necessarily agree with the idea, but I'm sure it is inevitable.  I think that personality can shine in a face to face interview that can't be shine through on a website.  At this point, there are still ways to keep your information private on Facebook, or maybe it would force people to be a little more appropriate with their actions.  I just don't like the idea of anyone being able to find my personal information such as phone number and address.  They already have Facebook stalkers!!!  On another note, this personal website could be a great way to highlight your skills, education, and experience as well as show off a creative side of yourself through design.

No comments:

Post a Comment